Take a look at the current job vacancies in Burnley Town Centre:
Little Barista - 2 x full time staff and weekend staff
Little Barista is a young, dynamic, growing business with some great opportunities for the right people. We’re looking for new team members and are in search of people as passionate and dedicated as we are to provide great coffee and food in a great space.
If you have a passion for coffee, delivering an outstanding level of customer service and contributing to a great, positive atmosphere, then please apply. Please send a CV and a covering letter explaining why you are the right person for the job. We get lots of applications so please be sure to tell us about all your relevant skills.
Job Types: Full-Time and weekends.
To apply, send CV and cover letter to [email protected]
CHARTER WALK - Dual Services Manager: Security and Cleaning
Position Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Location: Charter Walk Shopping Centre, Burnley
Working Hours: 45 Hours per week – (5 over 7 days)
Salary: £27,000 to £30,000 per annum depending on experience
An opportunity has arisen to join Anchor Group Services’ security and cleaning team at a prestigious Shopping Centre in Burnley. The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of services at site level in partnership with the Centre Management team. Reporting to the Operations Manager you will be responsible for maintaining the high standards of service delivery and customer services expected by the Centre Management team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To ensure the effective running of security and cleaning operations and ensuring the service is delivered consistently in line with the services specification and to ensure continuity of service standards are maintained
- To ensure soft services are delivered within agreed budget constraints for materials, uniform and consumables.
- To plan staffing levels and duty rotas to meet the needs of the Centre and client expectations including using Anchor’s time and attendance systems to manage holidays, sickness and absence.
- To liaise with HR and senior management to manage site level issues including investigation, disciplinary and recruitment.
- To ensure that all staff are trained to meet the client specification, business requirements, health and safety and legislative requirements and to further develop & support an already established team in becoming world class for Customer Service and Leaders in Customers Service for Consumers with additional needs
- To promote company and client interests and culture through effective people management and leadership.
- Regularly liaise with Anchor and the Centre Management team daily and attend management meetings weekly which contribute to the monthly KPI meeting.
- Attend KPI meetings, ensuring the both divisions meet the current SLA’s.
- To ensure that all employee and service related documentation is current and in date and propose updates to ensure continued compliance with Centre and business requirements.
- To regularly audit Centre standards and procedures and submit findings to Anchor senior management for review. People management is an essential element of this role and you will be responsible for the management of a team of up to 20 site staff
- To ensure all mandatory documentation is up to date and ready to be audited
- To provide documented audits of the site weekly to identify improvements and document statutory checks.
- Ensure all staff are trained in all-inclusive/disability training to ensure Charter Walks disability profile is upheld
- Deliver additional training required by the client, in particular the clients own customer service/disability package.
- To review and test emergency evacuation procedures in the event of any situation such as a fire or emergency situation.
Excellent communication with all stakeholders and the ability to disseminate instructions amongst your team will be essential in this role.
- This role is for a working manager so you will be expected to contribute to the effective delivery of the service which may include carrying out security and cleaning related daily tasks. You will be supported in your role by services specific senior supervisors for both the security and cleaning services.
- High standards of “attention to detail” is required
- Front Line SIA Security Licence
- Experience operating in a customer services focussed environment
- Management Experience
- Ability to effectively manage a team
- Interpersonal Skills, approachable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good IT skills and computer literacy
- Understanding of COSHH
- Knowledge of both the security and cleaning disciplines
- Good Time Keeping
- World Class Customer Service for all consumers.
- CCTV Public Space Licence
- Experience in a public facing environment
- Recruitment and Interview experience
Due to the volume of applications that we receive, you will only be contacted if you are short-listed for the next stage.
Anchor Group Services are committed to the development of our employees and offer every employee the opportunity to sign up to The Anchor Academy. The successful candidate will be offered the opportunity to attend formal management and career progression training during the course of their employment.
Benefits of working in Burnley Town Centre
- Burnley’s very accessible with a range of transport options.
- Bus Services to and from Nelson, Colne, Accrington, Padiham, Rawtenstall, Barnoldswick and even Manchester.
- There are two train stations, Burnley Central and Burnley Manchester Road, near to the town centre.
- A number of good Local taxi services.
- Served by a number of excellent car parks which you can learn more about on our ‘Get Here’ page.
- Range of fantastic shops from major national retailers to independent boutiques.
- Join a thriving and supportive business community which puts togetherness and teamwork at the top of its agenda.
- Feeling peckish? There are countless options whether you’re looking for lunch or just a quick snack.
- After work drinks? Burnley is blessed with brilliant bars and pubs; perfect for those Friday afternoon tipples.
- Fresh air – Burnley comprises a number of parks, and the Leeds and Liverpool canal flows right by the town. If you like a lunchtime walk you’ll never be short of routes.
- Crowd pleaser – The town hosts regular events so there’s always a buzz in Burnley with plenty to see and do when you’re not working.
- Burnley is known for its friendly, community-orientated vibe. You’ll always be made to feel welcome here.